Select Page


I was over on my long-neglected ElderCare site today looking for a post with some information I wanted. And then I spotted this post and thought I should post it here.

I apologize for not sharing it last summer when you still had time to act for this year, but, as they say, there is no time like the present.


Many of you reading this are caring for an elderly loved one, a friend, a neighbour.  The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) allows a fairly significant tax credit to those people who qualify with certain degrees of disability. Don’t get your hopes up here as the requirements are quite specific and need to be certified by a medical professional.

But if you are caring for an elderly loved one, you need to check this out!

Here’s my article:

See your tax specialist or phone Canada Revenue as soon as possible if you need more information!

By the way: I was reminded by a young friend of mine last year that a lot of younger folk with life-changing illness or physical compromise are also eligible.